Saturday, March 29, 2008

Fun ads

Hello. Two posts in one day, I know, scary!

I always said when I was in school that I don't know why anyone would want to be involved in advertising or writing copy for ads. But lately, with some of the campaigns I've seen, it wouldn't be the worst job in the world. These are just two that I really find funny lately

Jameson whiskey has these awesome ads on the subway that may only be understood by someone who has ridden the train in NYC. That being said, they are very basic with pictures of a bottle of Jameson and the question is, why Jameson (I regret that I do not have photos and couldn't find any online)?

"Maybe because it won't pull away right when you show up."
"Maybe because reading this label is more polite than reading your neighbor's newspaper."
"Maybe because 'next round on me' is easier to understand thank 'stanclearclosindoor.'"
"Maybe because these ads give you something to stare at when you don't know where to look."
"Maybe because there are nine wrong ways to swipe your card, but no wrong way to enjoy Jameson."
"Maybe the ads give tourists something to look at so the guy in the map seat can get a break."

That last one makes me laugh every time.

Next... I saw this commercial and now I totally want a Sven.

No comments: