Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New York?

Last Friday Mike and I actually had a day off together. This hasn't happened since I started working for the Panhandler and we were quite excited about how we were going to spend it. We decided to have a Whole Foods picnic in Central Park at 59th street and then walk through the trails in the park.

That green thing in the middle is Central Park. If you picture us starting at the white circle in the lower left corner of that green and walking up to the reservoir in the middle... that's what we did that day. It was about 40 city blocks when we emerged from the lovely green.

Mikey is adorable.

This is the Great Lawn. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the birds and wildlife and green I saw during our day at the park. We spent the rest of the day avoiding Pope barricades.

Mike and I have decided to move west. Despite the beauty of Central Park, we are looking for more tranquility, less crowded public transportation and mountains (well, I'm looking for mountains at least). Destination Seattle, approximately mid July. Goodbye metrocards, bums, smelly sewers, rude assholes at every turn, overpriced eats, pretentiousness and false entitlement. I just hope my time here hasn't changed me much.

3 comments:

AMC said...

West Coast for life, baby!

Can't wait for July! :)

Amy said...

HOLLA!!!! :)

Score for us!

LKPheartsfood said...

Good luck out west! I would love to visit Seattle someday. NYC definitely is not for everyone...you gotta REALLY love it to stay here, and even then that's not always enough, and it's STILL hard. Kudos to you for giving it a shot--some people only talk about it.. you DID it! I think the day I push aside some old lady to get a seat on the R is the day I need to leave. ;)