Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh, good!

So last Friday , as many of you know, I started work at Organic Avenue to make up for the days I'm not working at the magazine. I trained. It was pretty easy, the store is not nearly as big as BBB and we hardly had any customers. Piece 'o' cake. I thought I did a fantastic job stocking, cleaning, ringing people up, putting labels on things and being friendly.

Saturday, after Mike, his roommate Carmen and I had visited the Brooklyn Brewery, I got a call from my manager telling me not to come in for my scheduled Sunday and Monday shifts. I was a little bit peeved because I really need the cash but figured they just had too many people scheduled and I, being the new person, was the first one to get shafted. So Tuesday rolls around and I'm wondering when I'm scheduled for Friday so I email my manager Eniko. Not until yesterday afternoon did I get this reply:

"Hi Shawn,

Thank you, for spending the day on Friday. Unfortunately, we decided to
go with another candidate. I greatly appreciate you coming in. Please
send me your info so I can pass it on to the bookkeeper to compensate
you for the day.

Many thanks,
Eniko"

WTF? She acts as if I didn't spend an entire day training... as if she didn't send me all the excel documents for people's scheduled deliveries... as if she didn't tell me the code to the front door and I'd just come in for an interview and that was it.

Undoubtedly, some cruchier vegan asshole came in to interview after I'd already been hired so they backstepped and instead of being professional, acted as if I wasn't actually hired. Needless to say I am pretty upset.

2 comments:

KJW said...

A vegan "The Man." I don't like it. I'm sure this will turn into something positive for you, though. Good luck, Shawn!

LKPheartsfood said...

That is pretty shady!